Birkenstock establishes itself as a trend brand
Birkenstock's new online shop, developed in responsive web design, has been running on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform since the end of April 2016. After an implementation time of only three months, the new shop first went live in Austria. The German launch took place a month later. Recently, the shop went live in Japan in July 2017. For an increased brand awareness Birkenstock decided to rename the shop from www.bessergehen.com to www.birkenstock.com.
Birkenstock's international expansion
Birkenstock has rolled out its new online shops stepwise in order to continue their internationalisation: in Austria, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Croatia, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, the Czech Republic and the USA. Launches in the UK, France and Japan followed in 2017.
Quick product selection for fashion-conscious customers
Birkenstock's online assortment consists of more than 530 master products and ranges from sandals to loafers, boots, clogs, as well as socks. With the help of selection filters Birkenstock's fashion- and quality-conscious customers get an overview of the shoes they favour and therefore can make their purchase decisions easier and faster.
Customers may select the right size and width of the shoe on the product details page: the product availability is then displayed directly to them. In addition, this page includes detailed product information about the shoe and its texture.
Features for success
BE EXCELLENT (part of Dept) also integrated the following functionalities and third party solutions:
- Payment – PayNext (credit card, PayPal, SOFORT Überweisung)
- Payment (Japan) – GMO
- Store Locator
- GoogleShoppingFeed – Google
- GoogleTagManager – Google
- OMS-, CRM- und ERP-System – Arvato
- Marketing Automation – Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Newsletter, After Sales Marketing, Extended Availability Reminder, etc.)
- Address validator – Arvato
- Riskcheck – Arvato RSS
- Riskcheck (US) – Kount
- Payment (US) – Authorize.net (credit card, PayPal)
- Address validator and tax computation (US) – Avalara
- OMS (US) Apparel Business System (ABS)
- Social Media
- PIM – InRiver
- Recommendation shoe size – ShoeSize.Me
- Influencer Marketing – Olapic
- Enhanced Sales Promotions